Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Daily Deal Sites: The reason I check the mail without my husband.

I would say over all I'm a pretty good person. I'm kind to others. I'm loyal to my spouse. I support the community. I use reusable bags at the grocery store (because the city of Austin makes me.) I love small animals and children, which I guess are kind of the same thing.  Yeah, I have some really good qualities. However, I have one big character flaw. It's big.

I struggle with self-control. I have a hard time resisting a baked good. If I'm reading a book, I will stay up late to finish despite the fact that my alarm clock - my daughter - goes off at 6:15 am. Every. Single. Morning.

And worst of all, I cannot pass up a good Daily Deal site. It's an obsession. It takes every ounce of willpower that I have not to buy something once a day. I've gotten better. Mostly because Ben takes care of our finances so he sees almost everything I buy. But let me tell you, those ruffle capris I bought for Little Miss the other day? Totally worth explaining. Ben rarely complains. He just shakes his head. However, that alone is usually enough to make me feel guilty and curb my spending. Usually. If not, I just check the mail when he's at work so it isn't super apparent that I've ordered something else. It works for a minute but the man has a nose for undisclosed purchases. He always finds out.

Because I'm a giver (another one a my GOOD qualities) and because misery loves company, Erika helped me put together this little guide, sharing all of our favorite deal sites. We included descriptions below. Check them out. And when your spouse asks you where you found these sites, don't mention our names. We have enough annoyed husbands on our hands as it is.

Daily Deal Sites

A Side of Peaches — My 15-year-old niece Riley turned me on to this site. They sell one item a day until it is sold out. I've picked up a lot of costume jewelry on this site. My very favorite necklace came from this site. Ben is still cursing Riley over this introduction.

Babysteals — My first foray into the land of daily deals. I've bought clothes, diaper bags, toys and books from this site. They sell two items a day until they are sold out. Get up early to check out their offering of the day because sometimes they go quick! Their network also includes a kids site and a scrapbooking site. All three feature tons of fun products.

Buffalo Brickyard — They showcase multiple items by individual companies for a couple of days at a time. Their offerings include everything from personalized lunchboxes to straws to jewelry.  As of this morning they are selling pink lion shirts that say "rawr" which I'm pretty sure will be coming to live at my house.

GroopDealz — Oh, goodness.  Where to begin. Each day they offer multiple items. Their women's clothing is usually darling and I love their accessories. I have also bought some ridiculously cute clothes for Little Miss on this site. I follow their Facebook so I usually catch the items I want early on.

Pick Your Plum — I have been a fan of Pick Your Plum since they started. They feature great craft supplies, finished decor, and personalized items. It is always fun, bright and on trend. While we in Utah, I was talking to a cousin who lives next to the founder. She said that they are very particular about the items that they sell and they test everything.

The Plaid Barn — Craft supplies, jewelry and DIY. Oh my! Check out their past items and you will know exactly what I'm talking about. I get sucked in every time they sell new blank paper tag. Every time. Just be quick because it is one deal a day and then they are gone.

Very Jane — This is my latest discovery. Like Groupdealz and Buffalo Brickyard, they sell multiple items at once. Jewelry, home decor, and clothing are just some of their offerings. They recently featured a little girl's fairy dress that just about killed me not to buy. The things I do for the sake of a happy marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment