Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lemon Mousse Icebox Cake

So you may remember last week when Sarah posted the easiest ice box cake of all time. Well, since it is lemon week, we thought you might be interested in another recipe.

Lemon Ice Box Cake

This particular version isn't quite as easy but the effort is totally worth it. The kids and I are still on vacay so I made it at my parent's house. My dad asked why I didn't make a banana one. He wasn't hip to our theme. For that matter, he isn't very hip to lemon. However, being the good dad that he is, he gave it the taste test this morning to help me out.

Guess what? He liked it. A lot. He said, "This is a really great light summer cake."

That's right, Dad. I know stuff.

The recipe is based on the Lemon Cream Icebox Cake found on theKitchn. I made a few changes to suit my own personal taste. Hopefully you like it as much as my dad and I do.

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:27]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment