Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Patriotic Printables

I am a huge fan of the 4th of July. Always have been. My first memory of the holiday was when I was 3 — we were living in Florida and my parents took us (my brother and me) to Stone Mountain in Georgia. I distinctly remember the faces in the mountain, which was just ginormous (I haven't been back since, but I'm sure, much like the Disneyland castle, that the mountain has probably "shrunk" since I was last there). I remember going up in the cable cars with my dad to the top and getting "black stuff" on my hands, probably grease or something. I don't remember the exact words that were said, but I remember having a very mature conversation with my dad on the cable car ride up. Mature to my 3-year-old mind, anyway. And I remember the laser show and the fireworks. Oh, those lasers and those fireworks! And Lee Greenwood. The very first time I ever heard Lee Greenwood — "....where at least I know I'm freeeee!"

The rest, as they say, is history! My love for the 4th of July has just grown since that day twenty-something years ago. And I daresay I've had some pretty cool Fourths. Fourth of July's spent in our nation's capital; something magical and nostalgic about the atmosphere. Fourth of July's spent in my grandpa's pool in Arizona, with the entire family. Fourth of July's spent in the midst of Idaho farmland; farmland that reminds you just how hard we Americans have worked to get to where we are today. Fourth of July's spent in Puerto Rico and South Africa — there's nothing quite like celebrating the birth and independence of America overseas to make you appreciate just how truly great this country is! I really am proud to be an American, "lazy and stupid" as we may be.

So, in the interest of free stuff for MY second favorite holiday of all time, here are some Patriotic Printables (aptly named, dontcha think?) for you to take and use however your heart desires this 4th of July week. Enjoy them!

And don't forget to enter our giveaway here! It closes tomorrow, and there's still a pretty good chance you could win :)

As always, thanks for reading!

FreedomRing ProudAmerican

No comments:

Post a Comment