So, here's the deal. When we started this blog, we set the goal to be transparent for two reasons. First, because who wants to constantly read about perfect people with perfect homes, perfect crafts and perfect children. If you do, then you are going to want to read a different blog. Because of the second reason. We are disasters. Ok, maybe not complete disasters but we definitely have our own share of mishaps.
Today's post is dedicated to one of those mishaps. You see, I have a REALLY cute idea for a craft. Of course, I roped Sarah into participating. It's what we do. We've been working on it (kinda) for two weeks and we were scheduled to post about it today. Well . . . let's just say, "Great idea. Mediocre execution." We are working through the kinks. Combine that with Erika vacationing, Sarah coming down with some random sickie-ness (and leaving town tomorrow) and me trying to make it through the last week of school and you get today's post.
Not that there is anything wrong with today's post. Today's post is so right in so many ways.
It's a sugar cookie recipe. With frosting. This is not just any sugar cookie. This is THE sugar cookie. This cookie will heal your soul and help you forget all of your crafting disasters. It smoothes the edges off of a rough day. It is hands down the best recipe I've ever made. Soft, flavorful and able to hold the shape of your desired cookie.
Then there is the frosting. Oh, the frosting. Let me put it this way, this spring I received a call from my Grandma Dannelly. Grandma Dannelly is a fantastic cook. Many of my favorite childhood memories involve her kitchen. If I ever opened a bakery, I would call it "LaRue's Bakery" in her honor. Anyway, back to the phone call.
She called me and said, "Tracey Ann."
That's what she always calls me.
"I just made your sugar cookies and that is a great recipe." By this point I'm swelling with pride.
She continues, "But this frosting! This is one of the best buttercream frostings I have ever made."
And then I beamed so brightly that I lit up the Texas night sky.
There you have it people. Straight from the mouth of Grandma Dannelly. And if you can't trust her, you can't trust anyone.
And don't worry. We'll share the cutie craft. Someday.
[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:20]
[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:21]
No comments:
Post a Comment