Crushed ice to be specific.
Long, long ago, when I worked at a Super Target, I would go beg the butchers (back when they had butchers—we're talking 1999) for crushed ice to add to my Pepsi. Obviously, this was back before I cared about calories. No more regular soda for this girl.
Eventually, I had to start getting my fix from Sonic. They used to sell it by the bag but for some reason my local Sonic will only sell it to me by the cup. Now I just order a soda and two Route 44 cups of ice. Whatever works people.
To start off our Summer Sipper series we are going to talk about a drink that lives for crushed ice.
Italian Cream Sodas
Erika actually served them at her Utah wedding reception last year and they were a GIANT hit. (She served shaved ice at her Arizona reception—she, too, is a fan of anything ice). Such a hit that my father-in-law made them for all of the grandchildren at the family 4th of July BBQ. We had red, white and blue flavors. You can imagine the reception they received.
I use the Torani Syrup. They have tons of flavors and they are available at Walmart and World Market. You can also do sugar-free which is still pretty tasty. They also sell a variety pack on Amazon. How fun is that?! You could have a party! I would be all over attending any event that served Italian Sodas.
So here's the thing about Italian Sodas. They are best when made to taste. Some people (me) prefer them a little bit stronger. That being said, I'm going to give you some guidelines to play around with.
[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:19]
No comments:
Post a Comment