Monday, June 24, 2013

An Open Letter to The Drive-Thru Fairy

Open Letter to the Drive-Thru Fairy
Dear Drive-Thru Fairy,

First of all, I really want to say that I'm way excited about the In-N-Out they just announced in Cedar Park. I know that was on a lot of people's wishlists in the area and you sure delivered, so well done.

Secondly, you need to know that I know you're real, no matter what people think. How else would you explain the fact that money can instantly appear at my driver's side window with the swipe of a card and the push of a few buttons? Magic, I say.

And listen, I know you get a lot of requests. This is America, after all: if we can find the laziest way to do something, we pay someone else to do it that way for us. But it seems like you've overlooked a really big one, and I was hoping maybe you could tell me why. Why, dear Drive-Thru Fairy, are there no drive-thru grocery stores? Do you really mean to tell me when the Drive-Thru Wish Granting to-do list got made, a wedding chapel took priority?!

Do you require a trade? A sacrifice of some pre-existing convenience we already have? Because I think I could live without drive-thru dry cleaners. Apparently there are drive-thru liquor stores somewhere in this great country of ours - I hear they've been dubbed "brew-thrus", to boot - and I'm obviously okay with those being put out to pasture. As long as I can stock up on string cheese and Sun Chips without having to beg my children to please stop trying to bite the eggplant I just put in the cart and please un-decide to communicate only in shrieks and please stay in the cart or at least near the cart or at least in my sight or at least within earshot or at least in the store, please? As long as I can do that, I'd very, very seriously consider giving back Taco Bell.

Really. Now you know I'm serious.

 

 

Sigh. If only, if only, no? And I know Tracey has a brilliant list of things that should absolutely be drive-thru-able. If you're real nice, I bet she'll share. What's on your wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment