Monday, April 29, 2013

Cinco De Mayo Recetas, parte dos: Cremas Verde Enchiladas con Pollo

enchiladas-web-wmThere is a grocery chain in Texas called HEB.  It is what grocery stores will be like in heaven.  The prices are good, their store brand is generally fantastic, and they are always demoing fantastic recipes.  When people come to visit us, we always take them to HEB as well as their fancy little brother Central Market. Really, both are part of our "Welcome to Texas Tour".

About six months after we moved here, Ben stumbled upon this recipe at their demo kitchen.  He immediately brought me a sample.  It has everything I love in enchilada form: tomatillo salsa, cream cheese (super authentic huh?), cheese and chicken.  Needless to say, it became a staple at our house.  One day I randomly mentioned it on our family blog and my cousin Amber messaged me soon after asking for the recipe.  It made the rounds through the family and then a couple of days later her sister, my cousin Amy, asked if she could post about it on her cute food blog The Sister's Dish.  From what I can gather on Pinterest and Google, others have really enjoyed the recipe.

When we came up with the idea of a series of Cinco De Mayo recipes, I knew that these enchiladas must be included.  After photographing it, Sarah and I sat down to devour the single plate with two forks.  We didn't even share with the kids. We made them eat Costco Mickey Nuggets instead.  Hopefully you are nicer than us and you actually share with your family.  Or not.  Whatever.  No judgement here.



Also, we randomly discovered that if you dip a tortilla chip in creamy jalapeno dip (coming later this week) and eat it on top of the enchilada you will momentarily black out from bliss.  I can tell you that my husband is shaking his head as he reads this.  But really.  Try it.  You can thank us later.

Enchiladas-top-web-wm

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:4]

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm....Our Favorite!! Seriously, the ENTIRE family enjoys these....even Ryder :)

    ReplyDelete