Friday, April 19, 2013

Things I Say (That Would Shock and Embarrass My Nine-Year-Old Self)

Adulthood.  We've (presumably) arrived, and it's certainly never what we were expecting.  Every now and then, I catch myself saying something that just sounds so not child-y, and think, "My nine-year-old self would die if she heard me say this."  For example:

"Can I please go to bed now?"

"I hate it when I have to drive."

"Saturday marathon of 'This Old House'? I am all OVER that!"

"Definitely don't want rhinestones on it."

"Who was in the Babysitters' Club again? Kristy and, like, Jessica or something?"

"This is way too sweet - I can barely eat it."

"Ugh, no, I don't want to be president."

And the list goes on. Know some good ones?  Let us know in the comments or tweet about it with #shockmy9yoself - we'll be adding more of our own, too, so stay tuned! Check in with us on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment