I have oh so generously put together a list for all you wonderful readers of what I think are the perfect fall basics that every female should have in her closet. I myself have at least one of every single one of these items (only some of them are the exact ones listed below), and let me just bear witness to you that these fall basics are just that—basics that get rotated through every single fall outfit I put on my body. I always include at least 1 of these items into my fall outfits (example—I always at least wear a cardigan or a pair of boots); but usually, I manage to include 4 at a time (a cardigan over a plaid, with a scarf and boots; or a sweater with a jacket, beanie, and boots). See what I'm saying? Basics. Fall basics!
On the first row, we have the tops. You need to have at least one cardigan, one sweater, and one button up (I prefer a good plaid or gingham, myself). You can mix and match these basics with just about anything. Wear a cardigan over your favorite tee or the sweater over your favorite tank. Or pair these with each other! Wear the cardigan over the plaid. Wear the sweater over the plaid. Wear the sweater or the plaid by themselves. The possibilities are just about endless. And, as a cardigan hoarder, I have to say, probably get cardigans in every color if you can manage it. I have so many cardigans it should be embarrassing. But, as Socrates once said, "You can never hard too many cardigans." Or, wait....
The second row is probably my favorite. Everyone needs to have a good jacket. My favorite fall jackets are the three I've included here. A double-breasted peacoat, a utility jacket, and a leather jacket (or in my case, faux-leather). I use my peacoat for fancier outings, perhaps a date night. I use my leather jackets (I have one black and one tan) for fun nights out that aren't quite so fancy. And I use my utility coat for everything else. Seriously. Everything. I am always cold, so I bring this thing with me everywhere. The colors I included below are colors I am currently lusting after, but you could buy these in just about any color. I mentioned my black and tan leather jackets already. My peacoat is an olive green color. And my utility jacket is grey, but I wouldn't say no to a green or tan one also.
Third row, we have accessories. Tights, scarves, and hats, oh my! Get yourself a good pair of tights—they keep your legs warm and you don't have to shave if you wear them! Win, win—am I right, ladies? Scarves. Another thing I have way too many off. I think Socrates said something about these too, once. Then again, maybe not? But either way, you can't have too many. And if you think you can't pull off a scarf. You're wrong. Just... that's all there is to it. Anyone can wear a scarf. Also, hats. I love floppy felt hats for fall, but also beanies would work.
And last but not least, we have boots. I don't really wear much else in the fall. I hate having cold feet, so they go into hiding as soon as the air gets that faint hint of a chill. But really, it's not a bad thing, what with all the cute boots you can find everywhere! I say, have a pair of boots at every height: ankle, calf, and knee. Since it's not quite snowing yet (hopefully), a pair of rain boots is a must. I have a pair of dark green Hunters that I love and can pair with just about anything. These black ones (below) would also be on my list if I thought I had any chance of the husband buying me another pair. (If rain boots aren't your thing, you can never go wrong with a pair of riding boots. Same height as the rain boots and just as cute...) For the calf-height boots, these Steve Madden combat boots...? *Drool* I have these exact pair and they haven't come off my feet since I bought them. (OK, yes, I take them off to sleep, smart aleck.) I think I've mentioned before, but Steve knows what we girls like on our feet. He just knows! Comfort and cute and practical all in one shoe? Dreams do come true, my friends. And as far as ankle boots go, how perfect is that black bootie with the buckles? I'm pretty sure I would only ever take off my Steve combat boots if I knew I had those bad boys to put on next.
And the best thing about ALL these items? They are great as fall basics, but they transition into working as basics for winter too! Although I may not love being cold all the time, I love luuuuurve being able to dress in all the cute warm clothes. So, do yourself a favor—pick some of your favorites below; go shopping; come back and tell us what you get and how you wear it and how. much. you love it!
Cardigan // Sweater // Plaid
Peacoat // Utility Jacket // Leather Bomber Jacket
Tights // Scarf // Hat
Ankle Boots // Combat Boots // Rain Boots
No comments:
Post a Comment