Saturday, August 31, 2013

Knot Genie - How It Changed Our Lives

Knot Genie

Every once in awhile we like to share products that we love. Today I'm sharing my love of the Knot Genie.

One of the most challenging parts of having a daughter is hair. Oh, the battle of taming hair. My daughter is blessed with darling curly blonde hair. However, she is also cursed with snarls like you have never seen. We are talking epic bedhead. Every morning is a hair surprise. As you can imagine, at 18 months she isn't too excited about Mom ripping a comb through her hair.

This is where the Knot Genie comes in. The combination of the Knot Genie, Minnie Mouse and some snacks has revolutionized the pony tail process at our house. This little brush is a miracle worker. I can easily detangle her hair within seconds without a single tear. Even Dad can get through her hair using it. When I use it alone, her curls deflate and I find that they are a little frizzy.

DetanglerLuc's Lemon Shine Hair Slicker

This is where detangler spray comes in. We use Suave Kids Double Dutch Detangling Spray. It helps us get through the tangles and it adds enough conditioner to help her little curls spring back to life. It also smells delicious. To define her curls, I make a "hair lotion" using Luc's Lemon Lime Shine Hair Slicker and little bit of water. I simply mix them together in my palm until it creates and emulsion. Then using my fingers, I apply it to her curls.

Now, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I have a ridiculous amount of hair. Hair that is long and is sometimes the victim of too much heat styling. This is especially true at this moment as I am in desperate need of a hair cut. As you can imagine, I too, am a tangled mess in the morning. More often than not, I find myself using the Knot Genie to get through my mess of hair. Easy peasy. No pain and no pulling. If it works on my hair, it'll work on anyone.

Wait! In the comments you will notice Hey Megan says if it'll work on her hair then it'll work on anyone's. This is true. She is the real test. We will anxiously await her results. Also, I'll tell you it works on the ultra-fine waist length hair of my neice. And man, that girls has some tangles too.

As you know, we never pretend to be experts on anything. We just share what we know. Lucky for you, Cozy of Cozy's Cuts for Kids happened upon our Guide For A Successful Morning and in her comment she shared with us her professional tips for detangling hair. These tips are great for long hair! Check out her fantastic video guide here.

Disclaimer: This post is full of our very own opinions. Knot Genie, Suave and Circle of Friends don't know us, but we know them. We are sharing our product love without any financial compensation.


 

1 comment:

  1. Okay I am going to give this a try--but I beg to differ with you. If it can get through MY hair it can get through anyones...We'll see. And on Soph's--talk about bedhead.

    ReplyDelete