Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Treats

So here's my thing. And I probably shouldn't admit this, in writing, to a blog whose target demographic is women. Because, will this information make me less of one? But I'm going to share it anyway. And before I divulge my little secret (not so much a secret, really... most people close to me already know this), you should know that I have an intense sweet tooth. Nay, sweet teeth. All of them. I love sugar. As in, I really luuuuurve it. In fact, my husband told me so much and so often that I eat way too much sugar that I am currently trying out a sugar-free diet. For the sake of trying to be healthier. It's been 3 days. Who knows how long it'll last. But who cares about that. So anyway, here it is. I don't like chocolate.

Yeah, you read that right. I'm not a fan of chocolate. Chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate bars, chocolate chip cookies. It's bitter! It doesn't leave a good aftertaste in my mouth. I'm just not a fan. When I make chocolate chip cookies, I always pull a little bit of the dough aside and substitute white chocolate chips instead—and everyone knows, those are my designated cookies. I always, always will pick a fruity candy over a chocolatey one—starbursts, skittles, gummy bears, hi-chews, sour worms. You get the idea. And when I make s'mores, I substitute a Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme bar for a regular Hershey's bar. (You guys have got. to. try this, by the way.)

Ah, the Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme bar. So much delicious in one candy bar should probably be illegal. And then they debuted the Cookies 'n' Creme cereal. The first time I saw it, it literally stopped me dead in my tracks. I was just meandering down the cereal aisle, when I saw the Hershey's logo out of my periph. I stopped dead and thought, "What is that logo doing in the cereal aisle?" I turned to see what it was and, without hesitation, put the box in my cart. That box has been in my cart at least once a week since.

And one morning, as I was eating my favorite candy bar cereal for breakfast, I thought, This needs to be my afternoon snack too. Because, clearly that much sugar at 8 am isn't enough. Enter this recipe. It's a copycat of the well-known Rice Krispie treats we all love, but with a my chocolate-hating, personal spin to it.

Also, note that there are two recipe options. The first makes the treat a little stiff, because the chocolate is melted into the marshmallows, and once the treat is cooled, the chocolate gets a slightly hard. I like it that way. If you don't, try number two. And most of all, enjoy! Tell us what you think :)

hersheys2

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:35]

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:36]

No comments:

Post a Comment