Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Things that make me go "Whaaaat?"

My favorite part of Despicable Me was this:

whaaaa

I think I laughed for 5 solid minutes when I first saw it in the theater. "It was your cousin's idea!" "Whaaaat?"

There are things that I experience on a daily basis — both good and bad — to which I have the same reaction. Things that people say or do... things that just happen... things I see.... things that make me go "Whaaaat?"

Here are some of them:

When someone tells me they haven't read and/or seen the Harry Potter books or movies. Are you human? Do you not like fun things?

Having to talk on the phone. I just wanna text. #ConfessionsOfAnIntrovert

Car eyelashes. Yikes.

[caption id="attachment_2443" align="aligncenter" width="481"]car-eyelashes-[3]-110-p (image via google)[/caption]When people get mad that Christmas "is here" before Thanksgiving. It's Christmas! Let me celebrate as long as possible!

When I get cut off in traffic. Really? You just haaaaaad to get ahead by one more car? Congratulations. You almost killed me.

The saying in the e-card below — uhm, yes. French fries. Dr. Pepper. Ice Cream. White fudge covered Oreos. Thanksgiving Day. Just to name a few.

[caption id="attachment_2449" align="aligncenter" width="420"]skinny (image via pinterest)[/caption]

When someone wears a pair of shoes that cost more than a month's worth of my rent. Or a handbag. It's really kind of sick. Sure, it's a nice lookin' bag, but, really?

When someone's child wears clothes that cost more than a month's worth of my rent. Aren't they gonna outgrow it in like 3.5 minutes?

This ugly, impractical sink — I just don't understand the point of it.

[caption id="attachment_2441" align="aligncenter" width="236"]sink (image via pinterest)[/caption]

When people prefer winter over summer. I will never understand that one. Sun worshipper for life.

When someone with perfect teeth tells me they never had braces. I wish I had been so lucky. Good job on your life!

Crocs. That is all I have to say about that.

[caption id="attachment_2445" align="aligncenter" width="299"]crocs (image via google)[/caption]

When people take pictures on railroad tracks. Public Service Announcement: First, just don't. You are going to die. Literally... a train is going to hit you. Second, it's so overused and not original anymore. It's just tacky. Go take your pictures somewhere else. And photographers, I believe in you to be more creative and common sensical than that.

The shoestring fries from Freddy's. I die every time. They're freakin', mouth-wateringly amazing. Go get you some!

[caption id="attachment_2452" align="aligncenter" width="500"](image via google) (image via google)[/caption]

Uggs and mini skirts. Together. Is it winter? Then don't wear a mini skirt. Is it summer? Then Uggs are unnecessary.

Leggings as pants. They're not pants. Get a shirt or a sweater that's long enough to cover your bum and front region. Nobody wants to see that. Trust me.

When people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". Or "then" and "than". Or "there" and "they're" and "their". Or "to" and "two" and "too". You get the idea. Go back to 3rd grade please.

[caption id="attachment_2446" align="aligncenter" width="413"]Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 12.36.11 PM (image via google)[/caption]

Infomercials. Those are usually a good time.

The season finale of a really good TV show. Like the season finale of Scandal, season 2? My jaw dropped. Or the finale of season 1 of Prison Break, from back in the day? Such good TV.

The people that live in the apartment above me. I'm pretty sure they're raising elephants. Or hippos. Maybe both?

Uncle Si. Hey!

Uncle-Si

And there are also some things that I do that make other people go "Whaaaat?" For example. When they hear I put salt on my grapefruit instead of sugar. It's really very delicious with salt. Try it. When they hear I don't like chocolate. I dunno what to tell ya. My tastebuddies think chocolate is bitter. Blegh. When they hear I lived in Puerto Rico and South Africa for 8 years of my life. Maybe most people are just being nice by reacting that way, but they really were cool experiences.

What are some things that make you go "Whaaaat?"

3 comments:

  1. mmm...salt on the grapefruit is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I have literally never met a single other person ever who has said this! I am so happy someone else agrees :)

    ReplyDelete