Speaking of H&M. You guys, H&M is ab. so. lutely. killing it in winter coats right now. KILLING it. Seriously. If you find a coat you like from H&M below, definitely check in the store location closest to you to see if it's on what they're calling "holiday deal" in the store. I got my new favorite winter coat from them just a few days ago — originally $69.95, super sale in store $19.95. Yep. I saved a whole $50. I mean!
So, anyway. For the purposes of this post, the "save" options are all under $100, while the "splurge" options are all over $100. The categories of winter coats we have for you are as follows:
Wool - 1) Splurge 2) Save // Leopard - 1) Splurge 2) Save
Faux leather - 1) Splurge 2) Save // Drawstring waist - 1) Splurge 2) Save
Faux fur - 1) Splurge 2) Save // Peacoat - 1) Splurge 2) Save
Tribal - 1) Splurge 2) Save // Trench - 1) Splurge 2) Save
Fur-lined parka - 1) Splurge 2) Save // Quilted sleeves - 1) Splurge 2) Save
Asymmetrical zipper - 1) Splurge 2) Save // Plaid - 1) Splurge 2) Save
Wool coats. A good wool coat has recently moved to the top of my wishlist. I'm dying over the leather-trimmed "splurge" option above. Seriously, if the thought of spending that much on a coat didn't give me heartburn, it'd already be in my closet. Maybe one day, self.
Leopard. I love leopard print, as long as you don't look like
Leather. In the case of this post, both options are faux leather. But they both are amazing. I own a faux leather jacket, and just know, they are definitely worth the money spent.
Drawstring waist. The elbow patches on the "splurge" option are killing me. I love them so much. Like, put this coat on, and pretend you're in the Hamptons, playing croquet and eating Maine lobster. Or, actually go to the Hamptons and do those things while wearing this coat. I almost think this coat requires it. Also, the "save" option is the one I bought. I love love loooove it.
Faux Fur. I don't particularly like faux fur coats. At least not on me. But, some people can pull them off just grandly. If you're one of those people, options above.
Peacoat. There is nothing quite like a good peacoat. I have the H&M option below from last season and I love it. I can wear it with anything. Also, that Michael Kors version has me drooling. Gold-zippered pockets, for the win!
Tribal. Tribal print is very trendy right now. Both of these coats play off that trend in a definite chic way, which I think is difficult to pull off with such a bold print. These winter coats are both definitely tribal done right.
Trench. Definitely a classic. When I think of trench coats, I think of Burberry. But, after finding these two non-Burberry options, I've realized that only thinking Burberry is a bit close-minded.
Fur-lined parka. So even though I'm not huge into the actual faux fur coats, I love the fur-lined hoods. And parkas are just so practical! That maroon one is turning into the heart-for-eyes iPhone emoji.
Quilted sleeves. I didn't realize this was a trend, and I guess I'm not sure that it actually is or not. But I'm going to claim it as one and keep going. I found several options of quilted sleeves in my research. And I kind of am really, really loving them. What a unique way to mix textures and prints!
Asymmetrical zippers. Uhm. Did you see those coats? I'm pretty sure they speak for themselves.
Plaid. Plaid is a huge trend right now. HUGE. It's everywhere. I've seen plaid pants (love), plaid shirts (double love), plaid scarves (sooo much love), plaid dresses (not sure I could pull that off, but still love), plaid skirts (loooove), and now! Plaid jackets. Both of the options I've got here, seriously. I just wish my wallet was fuller. I'd get them both. Insert hashtag FirstWorldProblems here.
So enjoy these options. Let us know what you think of these and leave some links in the comments of any coats you're loving this winter! Also, check out our "Wear" board on Pinterest, because we are in the process of pinning some amazing coats, including but not limited to the coats in this post. Erika, over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment