Enter Lorde, a 16-year-old from New Zealand. This girl is something else. She is blowing up in New Zealand and Ben says she is just starting to get some attention here in the states. You should pay attention. We've decided she's kind of a cross between M.I.A. and Adele. How's that for random comparisons?
Her first album became available on iTunes back in March. Five songs worth of greatness. Royal and The Love Club are my favorites so far. Here is the video for Royals. Check it out. You can thank Ben when she gets big and you can say, "Oh yeah, I started listening to her waaaaaay before she was popular."
http://youtu.be/LFasFq4GJYM
**Also, while we are on the topic of hipsters and their crazy obscure bands, check out Jimmy Kimmel's "Lie Witness News" that he did at Coachella a couple weeks ago. Hysterical. I'm so embarrassed for these people it almost hurts! Favorite quote: "I used to spin them all the time." Ouch.
http://youtu.be/W_IzYUJANfk
Lie Witness News cracks me up every time.... it never fails me.
ReplyDelete