So, 10 months ago, when I finally hunkered down and made the marriage commitment, these are the life-affirming realizations I had. 1) Having someone in the bed next to you is, in fact, pretty great, but only if the bed is king-sized. 2) Decorating a home can be expensive and can make a penny-saving, frugal husband become irritated. (Although, let's be real for just a beat here... I'm not mad about it, that he's a penny-saving, frugal man. Actually, I kinda quite love that about him. But really, I just want our
That's not to say I didn't try, though, bless my heart! I tried and tried. And tried. I tried my mom's recipes. I tried his mom's recipes. And even though I heard an occasional "My mom's isn't this runny." or "Your mom's wasn't quite so salty." comment (and who can blame the man... "Mom's" recipes are always the darn greatest), I didn't give up. Still haven't actually.
Every time we had been to Applebee's since we met (which is probably more than I should admit), he would order the same thing: Fiesta Lime Chicken, with extra fiesta. (Yes, that is literally how he orders it; and every. single. time. the waitress has to ask what "extra fiesta" means. It means, extra sauce! And how could she really not know that?)
So, one menu-planning day, I turned to my trusty Google (an aside: how great is Google!) and found a couple of recipes that seemed as though they'd do the trick. So, one night, I threw this recipe together (using this one as a starting point) and together (me, in the kitchen; husband, at the grill), we cooked us up some fiesta lime chicken. And lo! the hubs said he liked it even better than Applebee's version!
So now, my husband and I are almost an entire year into this thing, and I think I've finally got some cooking clout with this here recipe. So I figured, in honor of Tracey's favorite holiday, I'd give it a share. Let me know what you think! (And you can always double the Fiesta Sauce part if your husband, like mine, enjoys a bit of extra fiesta on his chicken. ¡Olé!
[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:6]
That looks amazing! I can't wait to try it.
ReplyDeleteI'm dying about the ironing. I don't "crease" right either. ahahaha
ReplyDelete[...] for more substantial savory recipes? Try our Fiesta Lime Chicken or Cremas Verde [...]
ReplyDelete