Six Days of Last Minute Gifts - beautyblender
Next up on our list of last minute gift ideas is the beautyblender. I found out about this little sponge about two weeks ago and I want one. I want one BAD.
Here's the deal. It's a makeup sponge. But not just any makeup sponge. According to their website
"Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable."
To make matters worse, my friend Shannen formally endorsed it on Instagram this morning. If Shannen tells me something about makeup, I'm gonna listen. I shot her a quick email to get her opinion on it. This is what she had to say:
"It is amazing!! I use it for every aspect of my face except mascara. It is fantastic for blending foundation colors, too light for summer too dark for Winter?… beautyblender
It is great for pressed mineral powder, cream blush, cream or powder shadow-
Ergonomically correct, easy to store and carry- my little secret? I touch up with it after lunch, just pop it into the case and in my purse it goes, break it out after lunch and give my face a quick once over with the mornings left overs.. (Shhh!)
Plus it’s inexpensive, durable and pink.
It has replaced all of my brushes because it is convenient and flawless."
Now I have to buy one.
For those of us that are trying to figure out this whole makeup contouring thing, this sounds like the perfect gift. You can find it on Amazon and Sephora. Their website also lists local retailers. They run about $20 a piece which makes it a fun little last minute gift that maybe she wouldn't splurge and buy herself. (Hint hint Ben)
No comments:
Post a Comment